Protect their eyes while swimming
Swimming is a great way for kids to have fun and stay active. However, it can also pose some risks to their eyes if proper precautions are not taken. Here are some tips on how to protect your child's eyes while swimming:
1. Wear goggles: Goggles are a must-have for any child who is going to be spending time in the water. They not only protect the eyes from chemicals and bacteria in the water, but all GlamBaby swim goggles also protect from the sun with 100% UV protection.
2. Limit exposure to chlorine: Chlorine is commonly used in swimming pools to keep the water clean, but it can be harsh on the eyes. Try to limit your child's exposure to chlorine by taking frequent breaks from the water and cleaning their eyes with Eye Boogies spray. 2 pumps on closed eyelids helps kill viruses, bacteria, and keep the eyes clean of chemicals.
3. Avoid jumping or diving into shallow water: Jumping or diving into shallow water can cause serious eye injuries. Make sure your child knows to always check the depth of the water before jumping or diving in.
4. Keep eye’s hydrated: Chlorine can cause the eyes and skin to become dry and dehydrated. Make sure your child drinks lots of water while swimming as well as use preservative free artificial tears to keep the eyes moisturized.
5. Seek medical attention if necessary: If your child experiences any eye discomfort or irritation after swimming, make sure to seek medical attention. It's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to your child's eyes.
By following these tips, you can help to protect your child's eyes while they enjoy the fun of swimming.
Shop the story